Who doesn’t love chocolate?! Because I know I do! I might love it a little too much….let’s be honest.
I whipped these delicious tarts up this morning and decided to post it right away, because I couldn’t get enough of them! They are so rich, creamy, fluffy, and are the perfect healthy dessert! Well more like healthier….
These are raw, gluten-free, & vegan!. They don’t take much time to prepare with simple ingredients that won’t require a bunch of searching on amazon for! Because let me tell you I have had my fair share of doing that lol!
My favorite part of this is the super fluffy chocolate mousse. You can not tell one difference from non-vegan mousse that contains eggs & heavy whipping cream! Isn’t coconut milk amazing??
I hope you will enjoy these as much as I do…and don’t forget to send me pics or tag me in your recreations either to my ig: @healthienut or my blog!
Dark Chocolate Coffee Mousse Tarts
By: healthienut Yields: 4 tartlets
•1 can coconut milk chilled
•1 cup dark chocolate chips
•1 tbsp maple syrup
•2 tsps ground coffee beans
•1 ¼ cups nuts of choice (I used ¾ cup pecans + ½ cup almonds)
•1 cup raw rolled oats
•¼ cup cocoa powder
•1 cup dates
•1 tsp vanilla
- Melt chocolate chips in 30 sec. Intervals. Whisk together melted chocolate with coconut cream (thick cream that has formed on top in canned coconut milk) in a large mixing bowl. Add in maple syrup & ground coffee beans. Chill mixture for 4-5 hours or until firm. *Reserve the liquidy coconut milk/water as you will need it later*
- Take out filling and whip with an electric hand mixer, gradually adding in reserved coconut milk (approx. 2-3 tbsp) until creamy (slightly thicker than pudding).
- Prepare the crust now. Finely ground nuts and oats in a food processor. Add in rest of ingredients until it begins to clump up. (You will be able to form a crust out of it). Add a dash of water if needed.
- Evenly press out crust into tartlet tins. Chill for 15 min.
- Spoon in filling to each tart (about 2-3 heaping tbsp). (Optional: pipe on leftover mousse on top for decoration). Chill for 1 hr. Garnish with cocoa nibs & mint. Enjoy!