My dad picked up a bunch of zucchini the other day so I immediately knew I had to brainstorm some recipes to use them up. The first that came to mind? A moist & fluffy chocolate zucchini bread! I love all things bread…and don’t even get me started with chocolate. So this combo was meant to be.
A super fluffy and moist zucchini rich bread embedded with chunks of gooey chocolate. It is secretly healthy and is perfect for a morning snack!
You can easily make this recipe gluten-free by subbing out the whole wheat flour with your favorite gluten-free blend.
And if you want it refined sugar-free just omit the chocolate chips (although I highly suggest not to) and sub it with cocoa nibs or very dark chocolate.
This recipe is…
- Healthier than your average sweet bread
- 100% vegan
- Perfectly moist and fluffy!
Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
By: Taavi Moore Makes: 1 loaf
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (I used dark)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup shredded, peeled zucchini
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda + powder, sugar, and salt. In a liquid measuring cup whisk together the almond milk and vinegar. Set aside for 5 min.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas, zucchini, vanilla extract, and milk mixture. Pour the wet batter into the dry and stir till smooth. Fold in the chocolate. Evenly spread the batter into the prepared tin and sprinkle on a bit more chocolate. Bake for 40-45 min. or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Enjoy!