These muffins have won my dad over and I couldn’t count how many times he said,
“Yum…” let’s just say too many to count. These were so easy to whip up and a great guilt-free dessert if you are having some late night cravings.
The combination of tahini and chocolate is absolutely delicious. If you haven’t tried tahini…you are truly missing out. It is a great nut butter to go in sweet & savory dishes!
These muffins are
Easy to make
Almond Butter Tahini Chocolate Chip Muffins
By: Taavi Elizabeth Makes: Approx. 18 muffins (or dozen + 1 loaf)
- 2 cups + 1 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 flax egg (1 1/2 tbsp flax seed meal + 3 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup almond mik
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 celcius). Line a muffin tin with silicone or paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients. In a separate smaller mixing bowl, whisk together rest of ingredients until smooth. Pour wet ingredients into dry . Mix together until smooth. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, pour equal amounts of batter into each liner. Bake for 18-20 min. or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 min. Enjoy!
*Instead of making 18 cupcakes, you can make a dozen and then a small loaf (that’s what I did)
*You may sub gluten-free all purpose flour for whole wheat