I took a day off of school today because I was extremely tired from a long drive home after a long weekend so I spent the day sleeping and of course…MAKING FOOD! Experimenting in the kitchen is obviously my favorite thing to do especially when I am bored or tired, it always wakes me up and keeps me going.
If you’re ever bored…just do something you enjoy doing! It will make your day and help you get into the best mood! I always seem to go on the internet or spend my free time doing things that are way too lazy LOL! So what better way to spend my time then creating these amazing delectable desserts!! <3
I wanted to make something different and creative and whats better than a muffin filled with raspberry goodness?!
The consistency of these muffins have just the right gooeyness and they are super moist and fluffy!! An explosion of chocolatey goodness in your mouth.
Heres what you’re going to need!
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 flax seed egg (1 TBSP flax seed meal + 2.5 TBSP water)
2 TBSP cocoa powder
1/4 cup coconut sugar (or any type of sugar)
1 1/2 TBSP desiccated/shredded coconut
1 TBSP brown rice malt syrup (or agave)
3/4 cup almond milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/3-1/2 cup cocoa nibs (or chocolate chips)
1/3 cup raspberry chia jam (recipe from https://iquitsugar.com/recipe/raspberry-chia-jam/)
1/2 TBSP coconut sugar
5 medijool dates
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F and lightly grease a cupcake tin (unless your using a nonstick one). Also, prepare the flax egg and let it set for 5 min. or until thick & goopy.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together the coconut sugar, brown rice syrup, almond milk and vanilla.
- Slowly combine the dry mixture into the large bowl with the coconut sugar/liquid mixture. Stir in the flax egg.
- Fold in cocoa nibs.
- Now prepare the raspberry filling by blending all of the ingredients in a food processor until thick and creamy (I left some texture in there).
- Scoop about 1 TBSP of batter into the bottom of each muffin cup leaving room for the raspberry filling and more batter.
- Top the bottom layer (of batter) with about 1/2 TBSP of raspberry filling in each muffin cup. Center the filling in the middle..because its considered a filling it should be secretly hidden inside the muffin 😉
- Top off the muffin with a little more mixture (almost filling the cup but not too much where it will overflow).
- Bake until a tooth pick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 13-15 min.
- Top with any frosting or topping you would like, I just left mine as is.
- Cool and enjoy! <3
Remember you’re beautiful INSIDE AND OUT 🙂