I confess that I am indeed a peanut butter addict. I don’t remember the last time I went a day without having a spoonful of peanut butter. Who is with me on that? I either pair it with a bowl of oats or slather it on some toast.
You know what an even better idea is…to pair it in a moist, fluffy, and chocolatey blondie. Now that is my kind of dessert.
This recipe is actually a lot healthier than you think! Minus the chocolate chips.
Sweetened with coconut sugar & zero oil! The peanut butter is the one to thank for replacing any butter that traditional blondies contain.
This recipe is…
Less sugar than your average blondie
Oh so delicious!
Peanut Butter Pecan Chocolate Chip Blondies
By: Taavi Elizabeth Makes: 12 blondies
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 3 tbsp water)
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl, combine flax seed meal with water. Set aside.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, using an electric mixer beat the sugar and peanut butter until smooth. Stir in the rest of the wet ingredients (including thickened flax egg).
- Scoop wet mixture into dry and using the electric mixer beat together. The batter will seem pretty thick, but that is ok.
- Spread batter evenly into baking pan. Sprinkle on chocolate chips and chopped pecans. Bake for 25-30 min. until golden brown or toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 5 min. Enjoy!
*Feel free to substitute the flour with whole wheat. Or if gluten-free use any of your preferred gluten-free blend!