If you don’t know, I am a chocoholic…yes I admit. I absolutely love dark chocolate and the fact that its vegan makes me so incredibly happy! Sadly, most chocolate recipes like, cakes, cookies, muffins & brownies are not vegan….so why not make some vegan brownies of my own? I was in the mood for something to cure that sweet tooth and I think these brownies did just the trick….and more!!
With only 11 simple ingredients, you will be on your way to making one of the best brownies ever! Plus…there healthier than regular brownies 😉 Those simple ingredients include:
Plus….its vegan so you have an excuse to eat the batter without getting salmonella, LOL
So heres the recipe for these decadent double chocolate brownies that are nice and moist, & are a super ooey-gooey chocolatey goodness!
2 cups unbleached flour
2 cups sugar (I used coconut sugar but other sugar such as cane sugar will do just fine)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 cups vegan chocolate chips
Sprinkle powdered sugar (optional, for topping)
2 cups non-dairy milk (I used almond)
1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax seed meal + 2 tbsp water)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare flax egg in a small bowl, set aside.
- Start by combining all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, except chocolate chips & powdered sugar.
- Set aside dry ingredients when thoroughly combined.
- Whisk all wet ingredients together in small mixing bowl.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix with an electric hand mixer or spatula.
- Stir in flax egg to mixture.
- Grease a 9×9 inch square pan with coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Pour in brownie batter into pan and bake for 24-25 min. Make sure to check if done with a toothpick, if it comes out clean its ready.
- Take out, cut into squares….and ENJOY!!
Hope you will all enjoy this recipe as much as I do!! Don’t worry if you eat more than 1..because trust me…I sure did! <3