Now you might be thinking….do you really believe that you made the best spaghetti sauce recipe?? Yes and….maybe yes. Let me tell you something. Spaghetti is one of my favorite dishes to make, as I have been trying to perfect my recipe for nearly a year now.
I feel that my recipe is nearly close to my definition of perfect, so of course I had to share it with all with you.
What is even better about this recipe is that it contains no meat or cheese. No one said that a spaghetti had to include animal products, right? Plant-based dishes are just as delicious…I can definitely vouch for that.
This sauce is laced with delectable capers, quality green olives, and sun dried tomatoes. Serve on top of your desired spaghetti noodles (whole-wheat, gluten-free, etc.) garnish with nutritional yeast, fresh basil, and cracked black pepper.
Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
By: healthienut Serves: 4-5 people
- ¼ large onion finely diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 24 oz tomato sauce
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped green olives
- 2 tbsp capers
- ¼ tsp all spice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 ½ tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp salt (more if you used salt-free tomato sauce)
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Start by heating up your oil over medium heat. Once hot, saute garlic until fragrant. Add in onion and cook until translucent. Pour in tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Cook until a slight simmer then turn down heat a bit.
- Add in rest of the ingredients. Cook for 8-10 min on a low simmer. If needed, add in more salt and/or pepper until desired. Serve with nutritional yeast, cracked pepper and garnish with fresh basil. Enjoy!