Hope you all are having a wonderful week! So lately I have been constantly searching for the perfect healthy, low fat, oil-free energy/protein bar and I just couldn’t find the right one! So I just thought….screw it LOL I am making my own recipe!
This recipe turned out soooo good, and the ingredients are so much better then the other recipes I have found. Of course, its always up to your preference, but this bar is very versatile and can be suited for your needs 🙂
This is such a great alternative to store bought energy/snack bars as they contain many saturated fats, added sugar, preservatives, etc. I thought energy bars were supposed to be actually GOOD for you?! Well I assure you that this is very healthy and vegan of course <3
This is so simple to make and such a great grab and go snack.
I love snacks like these that are perfect to fuel you up before your workout. Its always good to fuel up on light carbs and protein before you workout so you are not super full but are fueled up on good nutrients!
These bars are filled with tons of healthy fats, superfoods, and healthy carbs!
So heres what you’re going to need:
Vegan Low Fat, Oil-Free Protein Bar
By: healthienut Serves: 10
- 1.5 cups oats
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 10 dates
- 1 tbsp agave
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp buckwheat groats
- In a food processor, process oats until crumbly. Make sure not to process it too much to where its a flour, just a little less then that.
- Add in the dates, banana, peanut butter, agave, and vanilla. Process until it forms a thick dough, or it will start to form a ball.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and process until thoroughly combined. It might take a min. and a few stir-arounds until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Line a small baking dish with parchment paper. (I used an 8×6 inch) and press down the dough evenly so it forms a slightly thin layer. Flatten it down with your hands or another piece of parchment paper.
- Place in the fridge for 20-25 min. to firm up. Or if your impatient like me….place it in the freezer for 10-15 min.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
If you do not have all these ingredients (buckwheat groats, chia seeds, etc.) , you can always substitute for other nuts and seeds. Be creative! Load it up with your favourite super foods to make a healthy snack!