Another thanksgiving recipe coming to you! Gravy is a staple in a thanksgiving meal. It is topped on everything and anything! Mashed potatoes, stuffing, veggies…you name it. Turkey gravy is often very salty and not vegan of course. I threw together this really simple and easy gravy that will hit the spot this thanksgiving.
It is amazing on top of my Vegan Lentil Stuffing! This gravy is lower in sodium then your traditional gravy, and is made out of pretty simple ingredients.
I chose to keep the mushrooms in pretty big slices, but you can always cut them up even more. I think the bigger you keep the slices the more meaty and wholesome the gravy gets. It also adds so much more flavour.
Easy Vegan Mushroom Gravy
By: healthienut Serves: 5-6
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/2 tbsp mined garlic
- 1/2 white onion (finely diced)
- 10 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp liquid aminos
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 cup flour
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in onion and sauté for 5-6 min. or until fragrant and translucent. Add in garlic and stir. Add in sliced mushrooms and cook and stir for 7-8 min. or until mushrooms are well browned.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients. Stir and cook until gravy is thick and creamy, about 10-12 minutes.
- Top on delicious Lentil Stuffing or dish of choice!