These muffins have won my dad over and I couldn’t count how many times he said,
“Yum…” let’s just say too many to count. These were so easy to whip up if you are having some late night cravings.
The combination of tahini and chocolate is absolutely delicious. If you haven’t tried tahini…you are truly missing out. It is a great nut butter to go in sweet & savory dishes!
These muffins are
Easy to make
Almond Butter Tahini Chocolate Chip Muffins
By: Taavi Elizabeth Makes: Approx. 18 muffins (or dozen + 1 loaf)
- 2 cups + 1 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 flax egg (1 1/2 tbsp flax seed meal + 3 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup almond mik
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 celcius). Line a muffin tin with silicone or paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients. In a separate smaller mixing bowl, whisk together rest of ingredients until smooth. Pour wet ingredients into dry . Mix together until smooth. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, pour equal amounts of batter into each liner. Bake for 18-20 min. or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 min. Enjoy!
*Instead of making 18 cupcakes, you can make a dozen and then a small loaf (that’s what I did)
*You may sub gluten-free all purpose flour for whole wheat