I am not a huge fan of tomatoes, but if you give me some fresh from the market bursting with flavor and juices then I will eat them any day. As soon as you throw them in a creamy pasta I am all over them.
Pasta shells tossed in a creamy garlic white sauce paired with blistered, roasted cherry tomatoes and charred roasted Brussel sprouts. With fresh garlic and zesty lemon notes.
The key to making this dish the most delicious it can be is the quality of your ingredients.
Grab the juiciest and freshest cherry tomatoes you can find, fresh basil, good quality pasta noodles, and quality olive oil.
I confess I am a pasta addict so this dish won’t last long in my kitchen.
This recipe is…
- Oh so creamy
- Healthy & 100% vegan
- Easy & simple
- Delicious of course!
Creamy Garlic Pasta w/ Roasted Brussel Sprouts & Tomatoes
By: Taavi Moore Serves: 3-4
- 1 cup halved Brussel sprouts
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 diced white onion
- 1 cup sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 8 oz. pasta of choice (I used Banza)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Toss the Brussel sprouts, garlic cloves, and tomatoes with oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for 30 min. or until Brussel sprouts are charred & tender and tomatoes are blistered.
- While veggies are cooking, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to pkg directions, drain and set aside. Reserve 1 tbsp of pasta water.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and onions. Sweat the onions for 2-3 min. until translucent and fragrant. Add a pinch of salt.
- Stir in the flour and let toast for 30 seconds. Whisking constantly, slowly stir in the almond milk until the flour is fully combined. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 8-10 min. until thickened.
- Once the sauce has thickened, add in the fresh basil, lemon juice, and zest. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for an additional 3-4 min. to mend the flavors.
- Add the pasta and veggies (not the roasted garlic) and stir to fully coat it in the sauce. Add the reserved pasta water as well.
- Serve with more fresh basil, freshly cracked pepper, and a lemon slice.