Some days all I want to do is throw a bunch of ingredients in a pot for dinner. Well this recipe is just that. Minimal prep, simple ingredients, quick, and absolutely delicious.
This one-pot lentil bolognese is packed with flavor, from fresh basil to sun-dried tomatoes. Enveloped in a rich, flavorful tomato sauce with lentils and topped with fresh basil and red pepper flakes. If you’re looking for a lazy, simple dinner meal then you’ve found the right recipe.
I’m not lying when I say you just throw everything in a pot –onion, garlic, tomatoes, lentils, pasta, basil, spices, and water. That’s it.
This recipe makes quite a bit, but it’s easily freezable. A great meal prep option!
This recipe is…
- Oh so delicious!
One-Pot Lentil Bolognese Pasta
Enveloped in a rich, flavorful tomato sauce with lentils and topped with fresh basil and red pepper flakes.
- ½ white onion, thinely sliced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 4-6 garlic cloves, sliced
- ¾ cup lentils, soaked soak in boiling water for 10 min.
- 16 oz. canned whole tomatoes
- 1 cup packed, fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, diced (or 2 tsp dried)
- 1 tbsp chopped, sundried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- 12 oz. pasta of choice (I used spaghetti)
- 2 ½ cups water
Add all ingredients into a large pot. Stir frequently while bringing to a simmer over medium-high heat (to ensure pasta doesn't stick together). Cover and cook for 10-12 min. until noodles are al' dente (making sure they aren't overcooked). Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Serve with torn fresh basil leaves, dash of red pepper flakes, and freshly ground black pepper.