Rhubarb season is finally here and I have been constantly getting requests from family members to take advantage of the delicious vegetable.
I am currently trying to do a refined sugar-free week with my dad, and so far so good. I love to bake so I don’t want that restriction to inhibit my ability to bake sweet treats. So this recipe is completely refined sugar-free, gluten-free, but still so delicious!
A juicy, sweet rhubarb filling topped with a nutty and crispy oat crumble.
The perfect addition to this already mouth-watering dessert? The vanilla bean cream I posted a few recipes ago. Add a dollop of it to your serving and your taste buds will definitely be happy.
This recipe is…
- Refined sugar-free
- 100% vegan
- Perfect dessert for the summer
- mouthwateringly delicious!
By: Taavi Moore Serves: 5-6
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or almonds
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 3 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine all filling ingredients. Toss to completely coat rhubarb. Transfer to the baking dish. Bake for 15-17 min. or until rhubarb is soft and juices are bubbling.
- While rhubarb is baking, prepare the crumble. Stir all ingredients together in a mixing bowl. The texture should resemble very coarse sand.
- Take out rhubarb mixture once done and sprinkle over the crumble. Increase oven temp. to 375 degrees. Bake for an additional 12-15 min. or until golden brown.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or vanilla bean cream. Enjoy!