An ultra chunky chocolate granola filled with chunks of almonds, coconut, and cocoa powder for that rich chocolate touch. It’s easy, simple, and quick to make.
Chocolate, almonds, and coconut. The ultimate trio. Tastes similar to an almond joy, but is the perfect breakfast cereal, yogurt or smoothie topping.
This recipe requires only pantry ingredients and certain ingredients can definitely be substituted depending on what you have on hand!
- Almond butter for another creamy nut butter
- Almonds for another nut
- Medjool dates really are an essential to create these beautiful clusters and perfectly balanced sweetness, but if you don’t have it on hand don’t fret. Simply swap it for 1/2 cup maple syrup or any liquid sweetener.
This Chunky Almond Coconut Chocolate Granola is…
- Chunky and clustery
- Sweetened with dates
An ultra chunky chocolate granola filled with bits of almonds, coconut, and cocoa powder for that rich chocolate touch. It's easy, simple, and quick to make.
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates soaked in boiling water for 15 min.
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup creamy almond butter
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup roughly chopped almonds
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- Sprinkle of flaky sea salt
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
In a high-powered blender, blend dates and coconut oil until a smooth paste forms. Add to a large mixing bowl along with almond butter, cocoa powder, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth. Add rolled oats, almonds, coconut, and salt. Stir to combine. Spread out in an even layer on the baking sheet.
Bake for 20 minutes, stirring half way through (make sure to spread it back into an even layer). Let cool for 20 minutes to completely harden. Do not touch the granola when it's cooling because this will help it form into clusters. Once cooled, break up into chunks. Store in an airtight jar.