I love pasta…like a lot, but sometimes I feel that I am always making the same sauces. Basic tomato, alfredo, or pesto. So why not throw an avocado in the blender, add a few other ingredients, blend, and create an ultra creamy and delicious sauce to pour over your favorite noodles? I am in!
This avocado pasta is super easy: only requires a blender & saucepan, takes 15 min. or less, but still tastes like you tried way harder than that.
Pasta has always been one of my favorite dinners to make and I love finding new recipes and getting creative. Tully from Vegans First is a blog that shares many yummy vegan recipes & tips. She has a delicious VEGAN Lasagna that looks mouthwatering!
Hot For Food is also a great blog for sharing vegan pasta. I recommend checking out one of her new youtube videos that feature all of her amazing pasta dishes!
There are of course many other vegan pasta dishes out there, so don’t worry if you run out of ideas. The internet has you covered!
This avocado pasta is…
Quick & Easy.
Takes 15 min. or less
Healthy, while tasting delicious!
Easy + Creamy Avocado Pasta
By: Taavi Elizabeth Serves: 3-4
- 9 oz. pasta of choice (I used penne)
- Flesh from 1 avocado
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp liquid smoke (optional, but highly recommended)
- 1/2 tsp whole toasted cumin seeds (optional, but highly recommended. Adds a nice earthy flavor)
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 3/4 tsp salt (or to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Dash red chili flakes
- Coconut Bacon
- Fresh cherry tomatoes
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to directions on the box. Drain and rinse with cold water. Put back into the pot.
- In a high-speed blender, combine all ingredients until thick and super creamy. Pour sauce over pasta and stir to combine.
- Serve with a dash of red chili flakes, a sprinkle of coconut bacon (the best topping on this), a few fresh sliced cherry tomatoes, and a dash of flaky sea salt.