I am always on the lookout for easy weeknight meals, so this is why I decided on creating a ramen recipe!
It does require some time, but the prep work and cooking are super simple! Chop up some veggies, simmer the broth, pour over ramen noodles, and top with whatever of your choosing. A rich creamy broth paired with miso glazed carrots and tempeh. Easy meals can taste good too!
This ramen is…
Super simple + Easy
Healthy + 100% vegan
Rich and creamy
Super delicious…of course!
Easy Vegan Ramen
By: Taavi Elizabeth Serves: 4-5 (Inspired by Minimalist Baker & Hot For Food)
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 3 tbsp tamari (or low-sodium soy sauce)
- 1 sheet nori or kombu seaweed
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1-inch knob of ginger, diced
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tsp mirin or rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 8 oz. ramen noodles
Miso glazed carrots + tempeh
- 3 carrots, cut in oval/diagonal slices
- 4 oz. sliced tempeh
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp black & white sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp tamari (or low-sodium soy sauce)
- Sliced green onion
- In a large pot, heat 1 tsp oil until shimmering. Add ginger, garlic, and onion. Saute for 6-8 min. or until fragrant and translucent. Add in mushrooms and 1 cup of vegetable broth to de-glaze pan.
- Pour in rest of the vegetable broth and tamari. Bring to a boil. Lower to medium-low heat, cover, and simmer for 1 hr (the longer the better!).
- Once the broth has been simmering for 30 min. Prepare the carrots and tempeh. Toss all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Bake on a lined baking sheet for 20-25 min. or until golden brown. Also, at this time add the remaining ingredients into the broth, such as miso paste, mirin, and sesame oil.
- While broth is simmering, cook the ramen noodles according to pkg directions. Drain and set aside.
- Once broth is done simmering strain over a large bowl, reserving the mushrooms.
- Serve: In a bowl add in ramen noodles. Ladle over a generous amount of broth, followed by mushrooms, carrots & tempeh, and preferred toppings. Enjoy!