You heard that right..french toast in muffin form! If you don’t have time to prepare a whole stack of french toast in the morning then this is the perfect & quick decadent treat for you!
Perfectly sweet, moist, fluffy, and secretly healthy. Oil-free, refined sugar-free, and of course 100% vegan!
This recipe is so incredibly easy and a perfect on-the-go breakfast idea.
Sweetened with maple syrup and bound with mashed banana instead of oil!
Healthy French Toast Muffins
By: Taavi Elizabeth Makes: 6 muffins
- 6 slices of whole-wheat bread*
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a muffin tin very well.
- Cut the bread into small cubes. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour bread over mixture and toss with a spoon to coat. Make sure every piece of bread is generously coated in the mixture.
- Fill each muffin tin 3/4 full with bread mixture. Bake for 20-25 min. or until golden brown. Take out and let rest in the tin for 5 min. Then cool for an additional 10 min. on a wire cooling rack.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup and other preferred toppings. Enjoy!
*Feel free to substitute any bread of your choosing.
looks yummy, almost like a cross between french toast, muffins and bread pudding
Thank you! I was thinking the same thing about it resembling bread pudding. Yum!