Have you tried ever tried gnocchi? They are essentially light, fluffy pillows of potato goodness. Usually made with 2 ingredients: flour and potatoes.
I have made my own before and they turned out great, but to make this an easier recipe I used store-bought. Trust me, it was just as tasty! Tossed in a creamy roasted red pepper sauce and garnished with fresh parsley and red pepper flakes.
This creamy sauce is slightly cheesy, smoky, and sweet from the peppers and lime. These three flavor combinations make for a delicious sauce with a great depth of flavor!
This recipe is…
Super simple & easy
Healthy & 100% vegan
Creamy and luscious
Gnocchi with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
By: Taavi Elizabeth Serves: 2-3
- 1 16 oz. pkg gnocchi (or homemade)
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews (in boiling water for 10 min.)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp each: finely chopped fresh oregano & parsley
Red pepper sauce
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil or 1 tsp fresh
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Fresh parsley
- Red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Drizzle a bit of oil over red pepper and roast on a baking sheet for 25-30 min. or until very soft and charred. Set aside.
- In a high-speed blender, blend all cashew cream ingredients until creamy. Pour into a small bowl and set aside. Rinse blender and keep out.
- De-seed and de-stem red bell pepper. Add to the blender along with the rest of the ingredients. Blend until creamy.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low. Pour in cashew cream. Stir for 2-3 min. until slightly thickened. Add fresh herbs. Pour in red pepper sauce and stir. Turn heat to low while preparing gnocchi.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add gnocchi and cook for 5-6 min. or until they have floated to the top. Drain and reserve a small bowl of pasta water.
- Add gnocchi to the sauce. Stir to coat. Pour in a few tbsp of pasta water if the sauce has thickened too much.
- Serve and garnish with fresh parsley and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. Enjoy