Do you ever dream of a perfectly gooey, soft, chocolate cookie? I know I do!
Embedded in a soft gooey chocolate dough are large chunks of dark chocolate. Also sprinkled with a bit of flaky sea salt. It’s truly heaven!
The taste is what is most important (texture is important too, but cookies are to eat). A rich dark chocolate taste with a hint of almond from the almond butter.
Don’t let the balsamic vinegar scare you off! It is simply there to enhance the flavor of the chocolate. You will not taste it. Trust me…it makes a difference.
These cookies are…
- gooey, chewy, & moist
- messy…but worth it
- heaven for a chocolate lover (like me)
- 100% vegan
Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies
By: Taavi Elizabeth Makes: 8-9 cookies
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (slightly softened)
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter (I used homemade)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax seed meal + 2 tbsp water)
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Flaky sea salt
- 3 oz. dark chocolate (cut into rough chunks)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, prepare flax egg. Whisk the ingredients together and set aside.
- In a stand mixer (or large mixing bowl with handheld mixer), cream together coconut oil, almond butter, and sugars until smooth. Add in the rest of the wet ingredients (including set flax egg) and mix.
- In a seperate mixing bowl, whisk together the rest of the ingredients, except salt and chocolate. Add dry mixture into wet. Using the paddle attachment, combine until a soft dough forms. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Taking approx. 2 tbsp of dough at a time, roll into balls. Evenly arrange on baking sheet and slightly press down with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 12-15 min. or until top has set and gotten a little hard. COOL for 5-6 min. to set completely. Enjoy!