In honor of St. Patricks Day, I decided to create something green…because that is what us non-Irish people do for this holiday right?
Last year I posted a green mint smoothie bowl on my Instagram for today, but I wanted to step up my game and create a delicious dessert that you can indulge on any day.
A super creamy, airy, and fresh mint filling paired with a dark chocolate brownie crust isn’t as complicated as you think. No oven required just a blender and a freezer.
I kinda went all out today and also had green curry for dinner, because what is better than homemade Thai food? Let me know if you would like a recipe for that too!
Did anyone else go a little extra green today…?
This recipe is…
Super easy & Simple
No baking required
100% Vegan & gluten-free
A delicious mousse-like filling
and of course delish…end of story.
No-bake Mint Mousse Pie
By: Taavi Elizabeth Makes: 1 10-inch round
- 2 avocados
- Cream from 2 cans of whole fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp fresh mint
- 3/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 5 tbsp water
- Line a 10-inch round cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, process almonds, cocoa powder, and oats until a crumbly texture forms. Add in the rest of the ingredients and process until it comes together. The texture should be moldable. Evenly press mixture onto the bottom of cake pan. Freeze while you are preparing the filling.
- In a high-speed blender, process together all the ingredients until thick and creamy. Pour into cake pan and spread to create an even layer. Freeze for 2-3 hours or until firm and slightly set. The texture should leave a slight indent when pressed, but not too much to where it falls apart.
- Serve & sprinkle on cocoa nibs to garnish. Enjoy!