Want a guilt-free dessert that is perfect to pair with vanilla ice cream, or healthy coconut whipped cream? Then this is for you!
Cinnamon spiced stewed pears, fresh blueberries, and a whole grain crust with a touch of sweetness can be perfectly enjoyed as a dessert with no feeling of guilt.
This recipe can totally be made with all-purpose unbleached flour, as many people don’t like the taste of whole creat crusts. That is perfectly fine, and from my personal experience, I might not always want the healthiest version. Just swap out equal parts whole wheat.
You can also make this gluten-free with your choice of a gluten-free flour blend!
This recipe is…
Easy & Simple
100% vegan and delicous!
Peach Blueberry Galette w/ Whole Wheat Crust
By: Taavi Elizabeth Makes: 1 galette
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (or flour of choice)
- 2 tbsp cold, solid coconut oil
- 1 tbsp organic cane sugar
- Pinch of salt
Pear & Blueberry Filling
- 2 pears (sliced)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp organic corn starch
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (Do not thaw the frozen blueberries) + 1 tsp coconut flour
- Raw sugar (Turbinado)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Start by making the dough. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, and salt. Cut in the cold coconut oil until a crumbly sand-like mixture forms. Pour in water and mix with your hands until a smooth dough forms. I used about 1/2 cup, but it may vary for you. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate while preparing the filling.
- In a large deep cast iron pan or saucepan add in sliced pears and evenly distribute on pan. Splash in a bit of water so they dont stick.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except blueberries and raw sugar. Gently stir to coat the pears. Cover, and simmer for 6-7 min. or until pears are soft and sugar has caramelized a bit. Cool mixture for about 5 min. (Remove cinnamon sticks)
- Roll out dough to about 1/4 inch thick circle. Clean up the edges if you would like. Toss blueberries in coconut flour to coat. Place 1/2 cup of pear mixture into center of dough & 1/4 cup blueberries. Gather the dough to the middle, leaving some filling exposed (see pics. for reference). Carefully transfer to baking sheet, brush with melted coconut oil, sprinkle with raw sugar and bake for 25-30 min. or until golden brown.
*You will have leftover pear mixture! I recommend using it in a baked oatmeal recipe, using it to fill small hand pies (I have a recipe for them that you can modify) or top on ice cream!