I am back with another pumpkin recipe…I just can’t get enough!
I recently made these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and they were a hit amongst friends and family, so of course, I had to share the recipe.
They are super soft, chewy, and melt in your mouth goodness! My favorite is to pair them with a warm cup of a pumpkin spice latte (The pumpkin spice coffee from Trader Joes is my favorite!)
I’ve tried this recipe multiple ways, and the texture has come out the best with vegan butter, however, if you would like to be on the more healthier side you can definitely use softened coconut oil instead!
These cookies are….
and healthier than your average cookie!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
By: Taavi Elizabeth Makes: approx. 16 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup room temp. vegan butter*
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg (1 1/2 tbsp flaxseed meal + 3 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Prepare flax egg by mixing flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. In a small bowl, using a handheld mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until smooth. Add in the rest of the wet ingredients (vanilla, flax egg, & pumpkin puree) and whisk until smooth.
- Pour wet mixture into the dry and combine with a spatula. Fold in chocolate chips. Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop even amounts of cookie dough onto the baking sheet. Slightly press down with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 15-17 min. or until light golden brown. Cool for 5 min. Enjoy!
*Sub coconut oil for vegan butter if preferred. The texture will be slightly less soft but will yield about the same taste.