Do you ever just dream of the perfect cookie? Chewy, soft, melts in your mouth….just the perfect texture. Just me? Oh oops. No for real I think I actually have. There are many cookie recipes out there and they all are original in their own way. No two cookies are the same.
I created this recipe to cure those perfect cookie needs…and let me tell you it’s pretty amazing. The perfect texture between the chopped pecans and chewy cookie. It is super easy and holds minimal guilt while eating them!
Easy to find ingredients
Minimal time to make
Healthier then the average cookie
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
By: Taavi Elizabeth Makes: Approx. 14 cookies
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup softened coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax seed meal + 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and powder, salt).
- Prepare flax egg by whisking together flax seed meal and water. Set aside for 5 min. Using a handheld mixer, cream together softened coconut oil and sugars until smooth. Add in rest of wet ingredients.
- Pour wet mixture into dry. Using a spatula, stir until a sticky, but pliable cookie dough forms. Fold in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Taking about 2 tbsp of dough, roll into a ball and evenly place on baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 min. Cool for 15 min. (Optional: sprinkle with a bit of flaky sea salt) Enjoy!