Easy, healthy, and vegan sweet bread. Studded with gooey chunks of chocolate and crunchy walnuts. Extra moist and fluffy with the addition of vegan yogurt and tahini.
As we approach the new year, I am sure many of you are on the outlook for healthy dessert recipes. For me, I define healthier desserts as having less refined sugar and simpler, wholesome ingredients. Let’s break down some of the ingredients:
- Vegan yogurt – adds an extra layer of moistness to the loaf and is a great alternative to oil.
- Almond butter – added protein and another moisture component.
- Tahini – another boost of protein and adds a delicious nutty flavor.
- Coconut sugar + maple syrup – refined sugar-free alternatives while still adding the perfect amount of sweetness.
- Almond flour – not only for added nutty taste, but a great gluten-free alternative to those who don’t consume wheat.
- Walnuts + chocolate chips – added protein and crunch from the walnuts. The chocolate will help you to curve that sweet tooth!
I highly recommend you to smother a warm slice with a creamy nut butter….the perfect snack or breakfast pairing.
This Chocolate Chip Tahini Loaf is…
Easy, healthy, and vegan sweet bread. Studded with gooey chunks of chocolate and crunchy walnuts.
- ½ cup vegan, unsweetened plain yogurt such as Kite Hill
- ¼ cup tahini*
- 1 tbsp almond butter*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, tahini, almond butter, vanilla, sugar, and maple syrup. Add in the flour and baking powder. Stir to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Spread batter evenly into the loaf pan.
Bake for 45-47 min. until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
*Make sure you tahini is high-quality. Most high-quality tahinis will be on the creamier side, which will aid in the texture of the bread.
*Creamy almond butter works best for this bread. If yours is not, microwave it for 20 sec. to melt it a bit.